What I have learned in Europe thus far:
*Patience. Lots of it. Mostly from lines. I deal with lines (queues, whatever) much better now
*That I do indeed have many forms of OCD and am definitely slightly anal retentive.
*How to cross the street without dying
*How to appreciate good beer
*That the only cheap thing in existence is wine from the supermarket. Really, really bad wine. But at bottle of it is half the price of a glass of water in most restaurants....
*The sound of Italian ambulances, which seem to be around a lot (I blame it on the crazy drivers). It is a major 6th, and the police cars (not as prevalent) are a perfect 4th. This COULD come in handy sometime
*How to look pathetic and apologetic enough so as not to offend the people when you obviously don't speak their language
*How to not loose things
*That baguettes go well with most everything
*How to not care what people think. Especially when you won't see them ever again in your life. It's amazing
*How not to have a personal bubble. That was hard
*How to say exit in French and Italian (thank you metro systems)
*That I will never again underestimate the joy of free, cold water accompanying your meal in a restaurant
We went to Pompeii and Versuvius today. At Pompeii we tried to do the audio guide thing after not knowing what was going on at the ruins in Rome, but it just turned out to be confusing. Versuvius was incredible. We took what turned out to be probably the scariest bus ride of my life most of the way up the mountain and then did this intense hike to the crater, but is was so worth it. There's still steam coming out of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"how not to lose thing"
Love it!
:)
i love that you identify the pitch of noises! yesterday i did the same. for a moment i was convinced that someone was blasting Etta James Atlast....but it was just a construction crane or something...funny. I'm enjoying the blog. love you! stay safe.
Post a Comment