Also I love Swiss chocolate. Looooooove it. I have a new life plan, and it involves marrying a Swiss chocolatier. And hiking the Alps everyday. More details of my new life plan to come later.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Following Michelle's lead, I'm in a Mac store in Zürich using free Internet. It's just so damn expensive otherwise. Everything in Switzerland is super expensive, and Internet is no exception. However, I have fallen in love with it. It's so clean. Clean, clean, clean. And on time. And the people are friendly. We just came from Interlaken, this gorgeous little picturesque town surrounded by snow capped Alps and several different lakes and rivers. I was waiting for the Von Trapp family to pop out of one of the little Swiss houses and start singing. Seriously....so Sound of Music. I've been wanting to go on a hike in Alps for a while now, but I had no idea that my little Alpine excursion would turn into an epic 9 hour journey that was, without a doubt, the most intense physical experience of my life (ok, so we all know Zoe Gombart isn't very intense, but it still was really hard!). I kept going up and up and up and up.....I got to this point that was about 3700 feet above Interlaken, where I started. By the end of the day I felt like and old arthritic woman. The view was so amazing though, that it was all worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment