Friday, July 4, 2008

Dublin

Ryanair is crazy. Absolutely crazy. I think all flights should be this cheap. And this crazy.
Apparently there's these things called stag/hen parties (our equivalent to bachelor/ette parties) in which everyone buys matching shirts and the ladies all wear things on their heads and sashes. Then they apparently go get really drunk and the brid/groom to be enjoys the last of his/her singleness. To me it seems like the members of their party would be enjoying themselves all even more. I think they might have had a few before the flight....and then they started flirting with eachother...the stags and the hens that much. Amusing for a while, but 30 year olds trying to pretend their 18 on a flight that already plays music in the background that sounds like the chicken dance gets old. Really old.
Dublin lots and lots of huge cathedrals/churches and even more pubs. Since I have only seen one Starbucks, I have a new project. I am taking a picture of everything that says 'Guinness.' Sounds easy enough, right? Well, it's not. I had to stop after I took about thirty picturesfor fear that I'd run out of room on my memory card. That spanned about four blocks. Oh, and we toured the Guinness brewery, which was suprisingly interesting. They give you a pint of Guiness at the end of the tour, and I even finished the whole thing. I was pretty proud of myself. Then I was very giggly, and we had to walk down several flights of escalators...which was interesting...

No comments: