I was dissapointed with the Vatican (as was everyone I talked to), but very impressed with the Colosseum and the Roman Forum/Palantino. I wish I had known more about these places upon visiting them so I could have appreciated the history more, but it's still pretty cool knowing that you're standing among ruins thousands of years old. Also, I think it was just so different than anything I've ever seen (cathedrals do start to look the same after you see so many)....
We then visited the other uber touristy sites with throngs of tourists trying soooo hard to get that perfect picture (that I'm sure they never got): Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza de Popolo. I made a wish by throwing a coin into Trevi Fountain only to find out I apparently made the wish the wrong way.
I will miss Rome and the many death defying street crossings I've made. I will never again take for granted the pedestrian friendliness of Corvallis where every car comes to a screeching halt when someone puts their foot in the road.
We just got into Naples where everyone has warned us against the garbage piling up on the streets and pickpocketing. So far we have seen no garbage on the streetes and I actually saw an old Italian man return a tourist's wallet when he dropped it outside the bus, so hopefully our experience will continue to be positive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment